Monday, September 17, 2012

Vegan Staples to Keep Around

Here's a list of some of my favorite vegan foods that I like to keep around for when I'm not wanting to cook from scratch, or when I'm pressed for time and need a meal or snack on the run. I'll update the list as I continue to discover new good foods, so keep checking back! Everything on here shows up on my grocery list quite often. Two other good websites that list vegan foods are: http://www.veganwolf.com/ready_made_vegan_food.htm and http://www.peta.org/living/vegetarian-living/accidentally-vegan.aspx

But, here's a list of things frequenting my fridge and pantry:

Refrigerated:

Unsweetened almond milk

Yves brand tofu dogs

Sugar-free jam (or regular jam, if it's your preference)

Condiments like ketchup, mustard, and pickles

Pasta sauce

Frozen:

Boca brand original vegan burgers

Morning Star brand meatless meatballs

Steamable frozen veggies (none with butter sauce, of course)

Chopped frozen bananas

Pantry:

Thin buns (I like the multi-grain ones)

Quinoa

Quick-cooking oats

Almond butter

Peanut butter

Canned fruits and veggies (go for the kind packed in 100% juice, not any heavy syrups)

Nature's Path Organic Pumpkin Flax Plus granola bars (My favorite store-bought granola bars!)

Luna bars (most are vegan, just check the ingredients of the specific one you're looking at)

Clif bars (again, most are vegan, just double check with specific ones)

Cheerios, or other healthy vegan cereal/granola

Fresh fruits and veggies, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment