Monday, September 17, 2012

Olive-Topped Crackers

In my last post, I mentioned that I was at a wedding this weekend. Weddings are so fun, aren't they? :) The one I was at had a LOT of yummy food that I'm planning to attempt to recreate--so this is a week for experimenting in the kitchen! One of my favorite hors d'oeuvres was an olive-spread-topped cracker. I've never had anything like it before, but ever since trying them, I have been craving them like mad! So today I decided to see what I could do about that...Here's what I came up with:

Ingredients:

1 can ripe pitted california black olives

1.5 tablespoons olive oil

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, or more to taste

1/2 teaspoon onion powder, or more to taste

Some crackers, I used Ritz

Directions:

Drain the can of olives and rinse under very hot water for about a minute. Immediately put the olives in a blender or food processor along with the olive oil, and puree. You may need to stir the mix a little and blend some more, the goal is to get at least 80% of the olives pureed. (A few tiny olive chunks are perfectly fine and nice, even).

Transfer the olive and oil mixture to a small bowl, and stir in the garlic and onion powders.

If you want to use this as just a dip, you're done--just scoop up the dip with some crackers, and enjoy!

However, you might be wanting to get a little fancier...If that's the case (and let's hope it is, this option is my preference!), then: preheat your oven to 350, and spread the dip on top of your crackers. Place the crackers on a baking sheet, and bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly, and serve. Great as an appetizer or snack, this'll be an awesome and healthy football season snack too!

No comments:

Post a Comment